Resolving Error 0x80071AC3
- 1 Resolving Error 0x80071AC3
- 2 Solution 5: Format the Inaccessible Drive
If users are bothered by error 0x80071AC3 the volume is dirty issue, they can try these 5 solutions to solve this issue easily and effectively.
Usually, users transfer their important files on the computer to an external drive to make a backup. Sometimes, this process is not very smooth. For example, when they copy files to their external drive, they may encounter error 0x80071AC3 the volume is dirty.
When this issue happens, users will find the destination external drive is inaccessible. How to resolve 0x80071AC3? Most users will ask this question. Now, in this post, users can get 5 effective solutions.
Solution 1: Run CHKDSK
CHKDSK is always used to check disk for errors & bad sectors and then fix errors or shield bad sectors. Thus, users can use it to try to fix error 0x80071AC3 the operation could not be completed.
To do this job, please follow these steps:
- Press Win and X keys at the same time to open WinX menu and then choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- After entering the Command Prompt interface, users need to input chkdsk *: /f /r and then press Enter.
- This checking and fixing process will last for a while. Users need to wait until it ends. After that, they can check whether error 0x80071AC3 the volume is dirty disappears.
If this solution doesn’t work, try the next one.
Solution 2: Disable ReadyBoost
Some USB drives are using the ReadyBoost Disk Caching feature to improve the performance. However, if this feature is enabled, it might cause error 0x80071AC3 the operation could not be completed issue. Thus, just disable it to have a try.
- Open File Explorer and then choose This PC.
- Right click on the inaccessible external drive. Then, go to Properties > ReadyBoost.
- Check the Do not use this device
- Press Apply and OK successively to keep the change.
After these operations, users can check whether they can use the drive successfully. If this issue still persists, it’s time to use the third solution.
Solution 3: Reinstall the Driver for the Target Drive
Some users said that they solve this issue by reinstalling the driver for the target external drive. However, how to do this work? Follow this guide please.
- Press Win and X to open WinX menu. Then, choose Device Manager.
- Go to the Disk drives section and right-click the target drive. Then, choose Uninstall.
- Click OK and then unplug the external drive from the computer.
- Reboot the computer.
- Enter Device Manager again and connect the external drive to the PC.
- Action, then Scan for hardware changes.
When all steps complete, volume is dirty error external hard drive issue should be fixed. If not, go to the next one.
Solution 4: Modify the Registry to Allow Writing to the Drive
Error 0x80071AC3 the volume is dirty issue can also be solved by modifying the registry. Then, users can write data into that drive.
Here are the steps:
- Press Win and R to open Run. Then, type regedit and press OK.
- Navigate to the following directory: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control.
- Find StorageDevicePolicies and choose it.
- Open WriteProtect and change the value data from 1 to 0.
- Click OK to save the change.
If this solution still can’t solve error 0x80071AC3 the volume is dirty issue, users will need to format the drive to its normal state.
Solution 5: Format the Inaccessible Drive
Move 1: Retrieve Data from the Inaccessible External Drive
To format a drive will delete all files on it. If the files are very important, users can use a professional data recovery software to first rescue them and then format the drive to normal. Users can choose MiniTool Power Data Recovery to perform data recovery.
Users can try the Trial Edition of this software to see whether it can find the data they want to rescue.
After installing the software and connecting the external drive to the PC, users can follow these steps to rescue their data.
- Launch the software to enter This PC interface directly.
- Choose the target external drive and press Scan to start the scan process.
- When the scan process ends, users will see the scan results. Here, they can use the Type and Find features to locate their needed files easily and quickly. They can also preview 70 types of files when necessary.
- If users find this software is able to find the items they want, they can update this software to a full edition and then save files successfully.
Move 2: Format the External Drive to Normal
After rescuing the files, users can feel free to format the drive to make it back to normal.
There is more than one way to format an external drive:
- Format it with Disk Management
- Format it in File Explorer
- Format it with DiskPart
- Format it with a third-party tool
All these ways are mentioned in this article: How to Format a Hard Drive with Ease in Windows 10/8/7? Users can read it and choose a suitable one according to their situation.
This is the end of these 5 solutions. Hope users can get rid of their troubles.