User Review( votes)
Generally, HP printers run smoothly and don’t need support but sometimes the printer may throw in some errors while you are using it. One such error in the HP printer is error code 20. HP printer error code 20 usually occurs if your printer is not properly configured with your computer.
Typically this error occurs when you are trying to print an image or file from your computer. Then the error ‘Printer not activated – error code 20’ thrown by the printer. If you want to resolve this error then you have to take the help of HP printer support. But, we have also tried to provide a solution that can fix the issue at hand. So, if you are looking for a solution we suggest you skim through the article.
But first, let’s look at the reasons that cause this error to appear.
Reasons for HP printer error code 20
There are many reasons for the HP printer error code 20 and some of them are listed here.
- Your HP printer is not set as a default printer
- Printer driver is not installed on your system
- Device manager not properly configured for your printer
- Errors occurred in the registry
To fix this error you need to make sure that your HP printer is configured properly. So take a closer look at the steps listed below to resolve the HP printer error code 20.
Set HP Printer as Your Default Printer
One of the reasons why you aren’t able to print your document is because your printer is not set to default, first let’s rectify that.
- Open the control panel and the search for ‘Devices and Printers’ by scrolling down.
- Then look for your HP printer from the list and then right-click on the printer and then click on the option of ‘Set as Default Printer’.
- Once it is done, you can check that by giving a command for the test page.
If it resolves your error then you can relax but if it doesn’t then you should follow the next step of the process.
Reinstalling the USB Composite Device
Reinstalling the USB composite site will mean that you have a new printer on board. For that:
- Search for the device manager on the start menu and open it.
- In that menu, double click on the ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers’.
- Then you’ll see the USB composite device, right-click on that and then select the uninstall option.
- Then disconnect the printer USB cable and reconnect it after some time.
- Now, follow the on-screen wizard for the new USB composite installation.
And you’re done, this will most likely solve all the problems that occurred in your computer relating to HP printers. If not, then follow the next step.
Uninstall the HP suite
Uninstalling the HP suit could work wonders to resolve the error and you might not need the help of HP customer service number.
- Just go to the control panel and then select the HP software.
- Then you need to click on the uninstall button and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- And then reinstall the program to check if everything is working or not.