User Review( votes)
According to the doctor language a term cardiology is taken from the Greek language words named as “cardia,” which then further refers to the heart and “logy” meaning “study of.”
Cardiology is called as one of the top branch’s of medicine that interests conditions and diseases of the heart, which may vary from natural deficits through to obtained heart conditions such as coronary artery disorder and congestive heart malfunction.
Doctors or physicians who do specialization in the cardiology are known as or identified as cardiologists and these doctors are responsible for the medical management of different heart diseases. Cardiac specialists are the specialist doctors who do or perform surgical methods to correct all the heart disorders.
Below are some of the major milestones in the discipline of cardiology department which are listed below:
- In the year 1628, The overall circulation of blood was mentioned by an English Physician William Harvey.
- In the year 1706 A French-language anatomy professor, Raymond de Vieussens, mentioned the structure of the heart’s number of chambers and blood vessels.
- In the year 1733 Blood pressure was known as a first measured by an English clergyman and scientist called Stephen Hales.
- In the year 1816 A French-language doctor, Rene Laennec, invented the stethoscope.
- In the year 1903 A Dutch physiologist or doctor Willem Einthoven, developed the electrocardiograph or ECG, a vital instrument utilized to measure the overall electrical activity of the heart and diagnose heart abnormalities.
- In the year 1912 An American doctor, James Herrick, described atherosclerosis – one of the most common diseases of the heart organ.
- In the year 1938 Robert Gross, an American doctor, performed the first heart operation.
- In the year 1951, The first artificial heart valve was developed by Charles Hufnagel.
- In the year 1952 An American surgeon or doctor called Floyd John Lewis did the first open-heart surgery.
- In the year 1967 Christian Barnard, a South African doctor, performed the first whole heart transplant.
- In the year 1982 An American operation surgeon named as Willem DeVries implanted a permanent artificial heart designed by Robert Jarvik, into a patient.
What Generally A Cardiology Involve?
According to Cardiology Journal, usually, all the cardiologist department special doctor will take complete review a patient’s total medical history from birth to death and transfer out a physical body examination.
They will determine the overall person’s weight, heart, lungs, blood pressure, and heart blood vessels, and carry out a few other tests.
An interventional specialist in cardiology called as a cardiologist will generally carry out methods like angioplasties, stenting, valvuloplasties, congenital heart defect or problems corrections, and also coronary thrombectomies.
In the total process of selecting a cardiologist specialist
Usually, heart disease patients are frequently related to a cardiologist doctor by their physician, but they often want to choose their particular specialist.
According to the great association called as Indian Heart Association (named as an IHA) provides new advises to few people to check that their cardiologist is a board-certified. These patients can control this through the association called as Indian Board of Internal Medicine (Named as IBIM) or the Indian Board of Family Medicine (IBFM).
It is also favoured as very essential to select a doctor whose communication style suits them correctly.
If the cardiologist specialists suggest a treatment that usually looks very much risky or an expensive thing, or if the patient is not very sure why they want this total treatment, the IHA suggest searching for a second opinion. You can also opt Gastroenterology journal.