Great Dental Hygiene Tips For Healthy, White Teeth
Our mouth is one of the main ways of contact of our organism with the outside and, therefore, one of its most vulnerable parts.
Therefore, it establishes a series of tips for perfect oral health hygiene.
Do not consume sugar and refined carbohydrates:
You will reduce the chances of suffering carries or gum problems if you reduce the intake of carbohydrates in your diet and avoid sweets and sugary drinks. If you ingest them, remember to brush your teeth later.
Limit the snacks between meals:
Especially, if you do not have the option to brush your teeth later since the bacterial plaque begins to form just twenty minutes after eating. Also, avoid the food before bed if you have already washed your teeth.
Brush your teeth carefully:
The ideal is to do it after each meal, but if there is no other option, at least you should brush your teeth in the morning and before going to bed. The operation should last between 2 and 3 minutes and be performed with gentle pressure and small circular movements back and forth.
Buy a new brush every 3 months:
It is essential to replace your brush every 3 months or when the sows start to look worn. It is preferable that they are soft to avoid damaging the tooth enamel and that the head of the brush is rounded. On the other hand, although there is no scientific evidence, it seems that, sometimes, electric brushes can be more effective than manual brushes.
Learn how to use dental floss, brushes and interdental sprays:
The floss is inserted between the teeth with gentle reciprocating movements and without touching the gums, to eliminate the remains of hidden foods in the interdental spaces.
If you use it only once a day, it is better that you do it before going to bed. Another possibility is to use an interdental brush, which reaches where the normal ones do not, or interdental sprays that, in addition to cleaning deeply, reduce the irritation of the gums.
Do not forget to take care of your gums:
If you have very sensitive gums, use special toothpaste and soft bristle brushes. Brush gently with horizontal movements but not immediately after eating, as there is a greater secretion of acids. Your search “dental hospital near me” and visit the dentist and consult them.
Do not smoke:
Tobacco decreases the secretion of saliva, favoring the appearance of bacteria and unbalancing the oral ecosystem. In this way, it increases the risk of suffering caries or diseases of the gums such as periodontitis, in addition to producing bad breath.
See your dentist regularly:
Visit the nearest dental hospital is also very important because not even a deep brushing gets rid of dental plaque completely, oral cleansing is recommended every 6 or 12 months. Also, you should perform a revision of your teeth at least once a year.
Educate your children with good dental hygiene:
Educate your child about the importance of not eating sweets between meals and brushing teeth after each meal. Explain how they should do it and control how they brush until they develop a proper routine, which usually happens at 7 or 8 years. Remember, in any case, that you are their best example.
Use dentifrices with fluoride:
Although drinking water is usually fluoridated, it is advisable to opt for toothpaste containing fluoride in its formula, since it has been shown that this substance prevents cavities.
Likewise, there are innovative formulas in the market with thermal water which helps to rebalance the oral ecosystem and provides the mineral salts and trace elements necessary for good mineralization of the teeth.
Another additional option is to brushing and daily mouth rinses, preferably before going to sleep. You must keep them in the mouth for the indicated time and not eat or drink in the next 20 or 30 minutes. You should search best “best dentist near me” ask them properly on how to use dentifrices properly.
Advantages of good oral hygiene:
- Helps prevent cavities.
- It slows down, protects and prevents the fall of the teeth.
- Prevention of oral diseases in gums and teeth such as gingivitis and periodontitis.
- Elimination of bacterial plaque.
- Elimination of stains generated by food pigments such as coffee, tea or tobacco.
- Cleanliness and freshness: The subsequent sensation of freshness deserves it. Obtaining optimal oral hygiene is very important and provides a very pleasant sensation.
- Reduction of inflammation of the gums.
- Strengthens tooth enamel.
- Prevents halitosis and bad breath.
- 1 Great Dental Hygiene Tips For Healthy, White Teeth
- 1.1 Do not consume sugar and refined carbohydrates:
- 1.2 Limit the snacks between meals:
- 1.3 Brush your teeth carefully:
- 1.4 Buy a new brush every 3 months:
- 1.5 Learn how to use dental floss, brushes and interdental sprays:
- 1.6 Do not forget to take care of your gums:
- 1.7 Do not smoke:
- 1.8 See your dentist regularly:
- 1.9 Educate your children with good dental hygiene:
- 1.10 Use dentifrices with fluoride:
- 2 Advantages of good oral hygiene: