So, first, let’s discuss what the B.DES course is all about.
What is B.DES ( Bachelor of Design)
B.DES course in India is a full-time four-year course. It’s offered in specialization like Fashion designing, Interior designing, Jewellery designing, Textile designing, Animation film designing, film, and video communication, and many more. The Bdes course has so much evolved, and now it’s offered in new various design specifications like graphic designing, multimedia designing, game designing, VFX design, and visual communication. Doing the B.Des course, there are numerous opportunities in various industries as well as technology learning. This broadens the scope with career options. The course curriculum comprises of CAD( Computer-Aided Design), CAM ( Computer-Aided Manufacturing), Marketing, Specialisation, Vocational subjects, Product development as well as skill development subject. Students pursuing B.Des course gets opportunities for internships, events, exhibitions at national as well as international level. Students holding a B.des degree could intern with popular designers of their specification area for better career opportunities.
B.DES COURSE IN INDIA( ELIGIBILITY)
- Students who have passed 12 or equivalent qualifying examination can opt for the B.Des course.
- The age limit for the B.Des course is a minimum of 19-20 years as specified by the institutes.
- There are no restrictions of the stream at 10+2 level; students can pursue the B.des course from any stream, I .e.Science, commerce or arts.
B.DES COURSE IN INDIA (ENTRANCE EXAM)
- For the B.des course, aspirants have to appear for entrance exams, including a written test, drawing test, and interviews.
B.DES COURSE IN INDIA ( SKILLSET)
- Candidates pursuing a B.des course must have certain skills to make a good career in this field. Essential skills include excellent knowledge of the design industry, quick learning abilities, cognitive skills, presentation skills, drawing skills, perseverance, strong artistic skills, and innovativeness.
B.DES COURSE IN INDIA ( SCOPE& TOP RECRUITERS)
- des students offered jobs from e-commerce, production, media & entertainment industry.
- Top recruiters are Flipkart, Hindustan Unilever Limited, Tanishq, Myntra, Microsoft, Mediashala, Malabar gold& diamonds, Wipro, Videocon, Tata consultancy services, and many more.
B.DES COURSE IN INDIA( BEST/TOP INSTITUTES)
- IICD (Indian Institute of Craft & Design), JAIPUR:
IICD Jaipur is one of the main Crafts and Design schools in India that work towards the advancement of artworks and the craftsman in the contemporary socio-economic context, perceived by the Central University of Rajasthan.
- NIFT (National Institute of fashion technology) MUMBAI:
Nift is considered as one of the top fashion institutes. It is a nationwide institute which attracts students for not only the best course but also the multinational companies for recruitment.
- NID ( National Institute of Design) AHMEDABAD:
It’s one of the best design institutes in India. It’s best in the field of Design, education, and research.NID is famous for its design excellence.
- ARCH ACADEMY OF DESIGN, JAIPUR( RAJASTHAN):
Arch Academy of Design is also one of the best institutes of Design in India. It offers many courses in fashion, interior, jewelry, product, graphics design. It also conducts training oriented programs and counseling to develop their entrepreneurial skills.
- PEARL ACADEMY, MUMBAI:
Pearl Academy is the fifth design campus in India, first in South India. It’s a golden opportunity for you to avail of world-class coaching. The institute was also awarded the best design institute in India, and it’s the only institute to feature in the Business of Fashions Top 25 global fashion school ( in2017).
- Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune:
Symbiosis Institute of Design is also considered as one of the Best Design institutes of India. The four majors in which SID offers the B.DES course are- Fashion Design, Communication Design, Fashion communication, industrial Design, etc. Under these 4 major disciplines, many courses like the product, interior, jewelry, Design, etc. are there.
- NIFT ( National Institute of fashion technology) DELHI:
It began with one fashion designing course. With time, it gained huge popularity, and it was also ranked as 17 among the Top Fashion Institute of the World. It offers a B.Des course and M.Des course, which are the most popular among design courses.
- International School of Design, Pune:
International School of Design is the best designing institute for fashion, interior, and graphic Design. ISD offers UGC recognized degree and diploma courses, well-qualified trainers, Curriculum created by industry experts, live project training, placement assistance, personal counseling.
So, there was all about the B.des course in India. The whole article revolves around B.des course eligibility, entrance exam, skillset, scope, top recruiters, top institutes.