We cannot underestimate the importance of various processes and activities that are performed in the construction of your home or in any other construction process. There are so many experts and professionals involved from different field who are hired and then they perform their duties in your construction. In every construction process, the more emphasis is made on the electric fitting. Any mistake at this step can affect the whole working of lights, fans, or any other electrical appliances in your home. This is the most crucial job which is to be performed with full safety.
The electrical earthing is important in every electrical fitting system. You can also call it a grounding system as it helps in connecting the circuits to the grounds. There are so many reasons why the earthing system is so much important. It provides you protection from any type of electric shocks. It also protects your electrical appliances at your place which can be affected with an excess current in the circuits etc. No one has an idea that how the absence of this can cause you a loss of money. It also helps in eliminating the risk of fire that can be due to the short circuit or due to excessive flow of current in the wires etc.
The earthing can be of different types. Some of them are:
Plate earthing: in this type of earthing the copper is buried in the earth pit in the ground. Then the earth pit is filled after completing the process.
- Pipe earthing: this is the most common kind of earthing which is usually preferred by most of the people.
- Rod earthing: this is also similar to the pipe earthing but here the electrodes are embedded in the ground.
These are some of the types of earthing. The effectiveness or goodness of this method also depends on many other factors which may include the type of soil, its composition, where the earth pit is located and so on are also important. You must not take any type of risk relating to your life as our life is most precious. You must do efforts to be safe and secure from any type of electrical risk. You must not go for cheap projects or lower costs of construction rather you can focus on the safety by spending more on the electric system. You cannot underestimate its importance; either it is your home or your office you need to perform this process. There are so many benefits of earthing system; some of them are discussed as follows:
- For seeking protection: in order to protect yourself as well as to protect the various electrical appliances you must use electric earthing. You can protect your expensive appliances from getting damaged due to the excessive power surges.
- Avoiding the electrical surges to damage: you can avoid the electrical surges damages by installing this concept. In case of any electrical surge connected to the earth will automatically discharge itself in the earth. It won’t have its impact on your equipment. You cannot predict the electrical strikes or surges as they can happen anytime anywhere but you can protect yourself as well as your family from all this by installing this earthing system.
- Helps in voltage balancing: this system is important to balance the voltage. As there is a point called neural point which is basically connected with the earth and protects the other systems to get affected due to excess or due to unbalanced voltage. Its effect will be neutralized due to the earthing system.
- Eliminating the risk of fire: sometimes the excessive current or unbalanced load or short circuit may cause fire at the place. But the earthing system helps in preventing the risk of fire etc.
- Universal application: it is not like that you can only perform to use this concept in residential construction. But this is equally important in almost every type of building either commercial or residential. Even the industries are now making use of this system as they are prone to more risk. The chances of electrical surges are more in the case of factories etc. every industry says power plant, steel plant, railways, etc.
So, these are the following benefits of the earthing system for your place and that will definitely encourage you to make use of this system. Before installing this system at your place, you must know about the various features of this system. Some of the characteristics of earthing are discussed as follows:
- Electrical conductivity: in order to make the best earthing system the electrical conductivity should be good. This is the main feature of this system.
- Having a long shelf life: a good earthing system will have a long shelf life. You cannot afford to replace this system after some years, so choose the one which must ensure you a long life at least 35-40 years. So, that you can protect your home or any other building from any damage in these years.
- Feature of corrosion resistance: corrosion resistance is also one of the main features of a good earthling system that we must look for. The system must be adjustable with the conductors. The copper is commonly used as a material for these ground systems.
So, these are the following features which you can look for in a good earthing system. The electrical earthing system is an important system whose performance can be dependent on many other components. You must choose the best service provider for this purpose so that you don’t have to spend money on repairs etc. you can focus on the quality of electrode conductor as they are mainly made of copper. The grounding electrode also plays an important role as it facilitates the connection with the earth. You can use natural or made electrodes for this purpose.
Every process is important in the construction process; it is always advisable to install the earthing system in the construction process only. Installing it after some time or after the construction process will lead to wastage and damage to the property. So, make your decision earlier.